Jan Scott (Artistic Director)
Jan is happy to be back directing the eighteenth production of The King’s Players, the group that she conceived, co-founded and for which she received Mt. Prospect’s prestigious Home Town Shining Star Award for enhancing the performing arts in her community. Outside of the theatre, Jan uses her creative skills planning magical vacations as a Travel Planner with Starship Travel in Arlington Heights. Be sure to visit her website and “Like” her Jan’s Magical Travel Facebook page! Jan is a lifelong member of St. Mark where she serves on the church council and sings in the adult choir.
Kim Perlich (Costume Director)
Kim is delighted to return to her role of Costumer for The King’s Players. She started with TKP in 2001 as co-founder of the group and costumer for its first production, Oklahoma! She has since designed and created costumes for TKP’s Bye Bye Birdie, Meet Me in St. Louis, Good News!, Crazy for You, Cinderella, Children of Eden, 42nd Street, The Sound of Music, Guys and Dolls, Kiss Me Kate, Once On This Island, The Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins. Kim’s real-life occupation doesn’t take her far away from the sewing machine. As a self-employed wedding designer, she plays ‘costumer’ to bridal parties throughout the Chicagoland area and beyond. When not threading a needle, Kim and her husband, Hans, travel the country with the goal of riding every major roller coaster in America!
Erica Stanko (Choreographer)
Erica is excited and honored to return to The King’s Players for her tenth summer. She joined the TKP family in 2004, performing in Good News, Footloose, and as Polly in Crazy
for You. Other favorite roles include Hope Harcourt in Anything Goes, Tammy in Hairspray and a featured singer/dancer in Swing. Erica graduated from Roosevelt University with a degree in special education and currently works at Northwest Special Recreation Association, providing recreational opportunities for children and adults with disabilities.
Students who are current 5th graders (entering 6th grade in the fall) through current high schoolers are encouraged to audition for The King’s Players 2018 summer production of “Once Upon A Mattress”!
Please print this four page Audition Form, fill it out and bring it with you to the audition. If you do not have access to a printer there will be printed forms at the audition too.
Auditions and call backs will be held at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 200 S. Wille Street in Mount Prospect on:
Saturday May, 5 from 9am – noon
Sunday, May 6 from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Call backs will be held on Sunday, May 6 from 6:30 pm – 10 pm
- Come prepared to sing 16-32 bars from any Broadway show. Bring your own sheet music in the correct key; an accompanist will be provided.
- A choreographer will teach a short dance routine, so wear dance appropriate attire and shoes.
- No appointment is necessary for auditions and you will be free to leave after you have sung and danced.
- Please come prepared to list any conflicts during the rehearsal schedule: (Sunday afternoons and Monday–Wednesday nights beginning May 14th.)
- The production of “Once Upon A Mattress” will be performed July 26-29, 2018 at the Forest View Educational Center Theater.
If you are unable to attend auditions on these dates, but would like to be considered, please contact Mrs. Jan Scott at 847/204-9764.
Rehearsals will begin on Tuesday, May 15th, 2018. Regular rehearsals typically take place weekly with the following schedule:
- Sunday 1pm-5pm
- Note: Sunday rehearsals will end at 4pm until the school year ends
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 7-10pm
- Note: Weekday rehearsals will end at 9pm until the school year ends
Parent and Cast Orientation Meeting
There is a mandatory cast/parent production orientation meeting on Monday, May 14, 2018 from 7pm – 9pm at St. Mark Lutheran Church
- A check made out to SMLC/TKP for $150 will be required at this meeting if your child is cast in the production.
- The Parent/Guardian Volunteer Interest form will be due at this meeting. The form will be available at the meeting and on this web site as a pdf (coming soon.).